Boston, Cape Cod and the Islands (Summer 2019)
Boston, Cape Cod And The Islands (Summer 2019)
There’s a sense of nautical charm in this unique part of the world. Coincidentally, shaped like a fish-hook, you’ll be mesmerised by New England’s chic waterfronts, sailing history and summer playgrounds. From stepping onboard an 80-foot schooner in Newport, to trying regional delicacies in Cape Cod, this mouth-watering trip will not only tempt your taste buds, but leave you longing for a move to the coast.
- North Falmouth: Join your Travel Director and celebrate the culmination of your tour with wine and classic New England cuisine.
- Cape Cod: Meet a local farmer and taste the goodness of the all-American cranberry fruit at a working cranberry bog.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- New Bedford: With a Local Expert, journey back to the great age of Moby Dick and castaway crews from around the globe, at the engaging New Bedford Whaling Museum.
- Nantucket Island: Take an excursion to this idyllic island, characterized by cobblestone streets and lighthouses.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Boston: The Westin Copley Place is a tranquil haven of classic luxury in the center of the city.
- Newport: Experience warmth and character at the boutique Hotel Viking, registered with the Historic Hotels of America.
- Sandwich: Visitors to the boutique Dan’l Webster Inn are treated to the romance of the past, combined with today’s conveniences.
- Harbor View Hotel, Martha’s Vineyard. The refined Harbor View Hotel embodies timeless character with modern comforts.
- Cape Cod: While the views and sunsets are fabulous at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel, so are the facilities and warm hospitality of the staff.
Top Rated Highlights
- Boston: See Boston’s red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Travel Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Newport: Get a unique view of this coastal destination from the water aboard a traditional gaff-rigged schooner. Accompanied by a local sailing expert, they’ll show you the key sights in this picturesque setting.
- Sandwich: There’s something for everyone at the Heritage Museums and Gardens – a fascinating complex of Americana museums, located within a 100-acre garden setting.
- Martha’s Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its ‘gingerbread cottages’ and tour the island.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore. Taste the goodness of Massachusetts’ number one agricultural commodity crop at a cranberry bog.
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and North End.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Boston, the Cradle of Liberty.
Newport, the Queen of Summer Resorts.
On to Sandwich.
Martha's Vineyard, a Presidential Paradise.
Cape Cod National Seashore, Provincetown and North Falmouth.
Berries, Bogs and Back to Boston.